Useful Links and additional information
This page provides additional resources to further support our community and their wellbeing. Please call our main switchboard number on 0208 630 3518 for further queries.
|NHS 111||0845 46 47||www.nhs.uk/111/|
|MAIN COMMUNITY RECEPTION||0208 630 3502|
|DISTRICT NURSING TEAM||0208 630 3506|
|HEALTH VISITORS, Chiswick Health Centre||0208 630 3531|
|CHARING CROSS HOSPITAL||0208 846 1234|
|HAMMERSMITH HOSPITAL||0208 383 1000|
|CHELSEA AND WESTMINSTER HOSPITAL||0208 746 8000|
|WEST MIDDLESEX HOSPITAL||0208 560 2121|
|ABC||0208 994 0362||same for fax|
|ALISHA PHARMACY||0208 994 5177||same for fax|
|BEDFORD PARK PHARMACY||0208 994 2447||same for fax|
|BOOTS||0208 994 1431||Fax 0208 742 2901|
|BRENT PHARMACY||0208 560 8971|
|BUSBYS||0208 994 6087||Fax 0208 994 9705|
|CAMPBELLS||0208 994 0656||Fax 0208 994 0147|
|CHURCHILLS||0208 994 0229||same for fax|
|PESTLE & MORTAR||0208 994 1428||same for fax|
|ROXANNES||0208 994 6655|
|SAINSBURYS||0208 995 6299|
|SR PHARMACY||0208 992 1387|
|WEST LONDON PHARMACY||0208 994 1702||Fax 0208 987 0355|
|WILLIAMS PHARMACY||0208 560 3834||Fax 0208 560 4616|
SELF TREATMENT OF COMMON ILLNESSES & ACCIDENTS
Many common conditions can be simply treated at home without the need to consult a Doctor.
You can call NHS 111 (0845 4647), or access NHS 111 Online at www.nhs.uk/111/. On the website you will find a wide range of information, including a health encyclopaedia, a Best Treatments website and a self-help guide. These all offer information or advice about a wide range of illnesses and conditions. There is also a local NHS information database.
Family Doctor Books:
This is an independent source but Family Doctor Books are published in association with the British Medical Association and are often available in pharmacies. You can preview the books on line by clicking on Family Doctor and you can purchase individual books for a modest fee.
Patient.co.uk: This independent website, accredited by the Centre for Health Information Quality, provides useful self help resources including patient leaflets and a directory of self help groups.
- Arthritis Research UK
- Diabetes UK
- NHS 111
- NHS Choices
- Department of Health UK
- Alzheimer's Society
- National Rheumatoid Arthritis Society
Please note that WEST4GPs can take no responsibility for the accuracy or appropriateness of information provided in other publications or on other websites.
Welcome to our audio first aid centre. We have several small MP3 files which can be downloaded on to your MP3 player.
These files have been prepared by South East Coast Ambulance Service and comply with European Resuscitation Council Guidelines. The audio files are copyright South East Coast Ambulance Service NHS Trust, 2006
- Burns - explains the immediate treatment for burns and scalds
- Fits - how to deal with fits (convulsions/seizures) in adults and young children
- Wounds - immediate actions for wounds, bleeding, and bleeding associated with fractures
- Unconscious patient who is breathing- how to deal with an unrousable patient who IS breathing - includes recovery position
- CPR for adults - adults who have collapsed, unrousable and NOT breathing
- CPR for babies - babies who are unrousable and NOT breathing
- Collapsed patient in detail - explains the complete scenario including checks for breathing, circulation, etc
NHS CHOICE WEBSITE
The NHS Choices Website has lots of useful leaflets which can be downloaded and printed by you. We have a selection of links below, together with some relevant videos but for more information please follow this link www.nhs.uk/conditions
- NHS Choices childhood illness slideshow
- NHS Choices - what temperature is a fever?
- NHS Choices – Head Lice
- NHS Choices - Nosebleed
- Childhood Vaccination Schedule
- Cervical Screening – The National Cervical Screening Programme
- NHS Choices - Cervical Screening Test
- Cancer Research UK - what is the HPV Virus?